Sunday, June 17, 2007

Why

"It was a weeping day...On and off, tears fell uncontrollably. Little girl that I truly am--couldn't be held enough, couldn't believe enough. And yet, as I looked to you, Lord, I knew that you were holding me, believing for me."

I'm trying to believe that God allows desolation to draw us closer to Him. But some desolations are too strong. They are too big for me to believe that there is a peak high enough to warrant wandering through the valley. I'm trying to believe that God is bigger than all of this, but I don't know if my faith is big enough. Everytime I feel like I'm just celebrating God's blessings, tragedy hits so hard that I find myself whining like a child, "It's not fair." But it's not. Nothing in Scripture rings true this time.

"Hide me away in the palm of Your hand. Be Thou my fortress strong. Cover my head in this battle that rages..."

1 comment:

susan said...

whenever everything becomes too much and every part of you is exhausted and every time you try and think something it makes everything else not make sense, so all you can do is just, like, be... whenever that happens to me, i think of those lines from the tom duckett song too. you're in my prayers my dear :)