Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ringin' it in

Happy 2012 y'all! The new year came with all of my traditional fan fare...I was asleep by 11, thank you very much. And it was glorious! My family did pop some bubbly and toast around 8, and I saw some very mediocre performances on New Year's Rockin' Eve, so I don't really feel like I missed much.

In looking back on the year that was, I'm surprised at how fast it went, and how little I have to say for it. I mean, most of what I did with my year was be a resident. I mean, there were a few bright spots. Got to see my first NFL game, had a couple of really fun weddings, a lovely trip to Telluride (trivia: first town in Colorado with electricity), and enjoyed being a resident for the most part. But that's it. Not a bad year by any means, but not a spectacular year.

And so, I've made a resolution to do more this year. Less sitting around by myself, less going straight home after work, less laziness. More bike rides, more happy hours, more prep questions, more trips, more praying, more planning activities for my days off, more Kilimanjaro! Hopefully with that one resolution, I will also be more active, a better friend, a better doctor, closer to God, and happier.

So that in 366 days, I can look back on 2012 and say, man, that was a good year.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

you forgot to mention you torturing me with library bikes and how much more fun that made our lovely trip to Telluride.................

I might actually have to blog about that.

Laura Zaps said...

you might