Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Residency 2.6: Infectious Disease

Well, I learned a bunch of things this month. I learned how to say "I'm one of the Infectious Disease doctors" in Spanish. I learned that I still have a lot of Spanish left to learn. I learned all the weird ways you can catch infectious diarrhea (hint: there are a lot of options if you spend 2 weeks on a Mexican ranch). I learned that even the smartest doctors get stumped sometimes. I learned ways to be a better learner. I learned that you have to remind my dad to make the green bean casserole or it won't get done (totally unrelated to work, obviously). I learned that I've gotten way more efficient at seeing patients, and that not every call shift through the NICU has to be bad. I learned that most high school choirs learn "The Hallelujah Chorus". I learned that clindamycin resistance is increasing big time because we use it so much (like you care).

And even though I have been working through Christmas and had to open presents by myself, I've learned that if I have to spend Christmas away from my family, I'd rather spend it here.

But now, bring on vacation!

No comments: