Sunday, January 29, 2012

Over easy

A & E made me quiche last night. (well, really, they made it for them and I invited myself over...details...) Not just any quiche, but leek and gruyere (had to look up how to spell that) quiche with whole wheat crust from Jacques Pepin's cookbook. With dacquiris. So much more sophisticated that the pour-the-premade-mix-into-the-premade-crust broccoli and cheddar quiche that dad would make growing up. Don't get me wrong, it was delicious to a 9 year old palate, and even more fun (for whatever reason) to eat with our plates on the window sill and our head behind the curtains (yeah, I know, we were [are?] weird). Don't worry, last night we ate with our plates on the table, nowhere near the windows.

Love breakfast for dinner. Or for anytime, really. Love friends that don't mind eating in and watching documentaries about turtles, or playing nerdy games, or just doing nothing.

No comments: