Friday, November 5, 2010

Really need it, gotta have it, to survive...

Today was Birthday Cake Day at Housestaff--first Housestaff of every month means a giant half-white, half-chocolate cake celebrating all birthdays that month, and since I can never decide which to get, I get...both. Turns out I'm not the only one using someone else's momentous day for my sugar high. I caught a fellow resident "edging" the cake after Housestaff--you know exactly what that is, you've all done it, using the knife to just "even out" the end of a row, just to clean it up a little--and it just looked so tempting that I had to have a second piece (except since I'd already had one of each, I guess it was a third piece, except I still wanted both flavors, so it was really third AND fourth. But small pieces). Then I went off to do something else and come back and now the chiefs are using the spatula and a fork to scrape all the scraps and crumbs (and some more edges) together onto a plate. They called it "cleaning up." Like I'm fooled. Oh, missed a dab of icing--get it! So, of course, I joined them. Was the fact that we were nauseated from sugar going to stop us? NO! Eat through it! Well, now I'm coming down from the sugar high and definitely feel sick. Maybe not the best exercise in self-control.

Oh well!

No comments: