Monday, November 15, 2010

A big girl bed

Last night as I was getting into bed, I decided I was done. Finito. I'd had it. My back hurt too much to keep sleeping on this stupid mattress. I'm getting a new one. And there just so happens to be a Mattress Firm across the street having a big sale. Well, I'm feeling all consumer savvy because I am in the Bargain section and being very firm about not wanting to try the floor models or buy a new boxspring cause I don't need it. So the salesman is being very nice and obliging my comparing Mattress A and Mattress B while I roll from back to side to other side. And with one question, my sails deflate: "Who is this bed for? You? Or...a child?" Ugh. I am SO not a grown-up. I have my own car, my own apartment, a medical degree, and my very own Bananagrams, but I am STILL sleeping in a CHILD'S BED! I felt about 12 years old (does NOT help that said salesman is young and attractive). Upshot? I got a new mattress. Hopefully goodbye, back pain and hello, REM sleep. But leave the night light on.

1 comment:

M Zap said...

at least you didn't go shopping with Katie Leach and have the sales guy think you were "partners"