Tuesday, November 23, 2010

E-S-A-R-I-N...

It's 4 in the morning..."the phone on the wall is ringing so loudly, I'm sick of it all" never mind all you non-Will Hoge fans...

Anyways, sidetracked. It's 4 in the morning. I'm starting nights tonight, so this is my attempt to stay up and then sleep the day away. A nap and a latte and so far so good. I'm trying to motivate myself to brave the 29 degrees to run over to the gym and work out. So not working. Instead, I'm watching "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly," a book I read not too long ago and wondered how they would turn it into a full-length film. It's amazing how with such a simple story, and no true dialogue with the main character, they can still make you feel the despair of locked-in syndrome. I started thinking about what it would be like to communicate one letter at a time. To be completely paralyzed except the ability to blink, and only one eye at that (his other was stitched shut because he was unable to keep it moist enough after the stroke). How painfully slow it would be to get out a complete thought; how horribly impatient I would be. What would I want to say? What would you want to say? Makes blogging seem a bit superfluous, doesn't it?

1 comment:

M Zap said...

The neighbors upstairs, yes they know. These paper-thin walls let everything show.

Bought and wrapped the first of my Christmas presents today. Yay.