Sunday, November 2, 2008

Moving on

Well, two weeks of delivering babies, and as cool as it all is (and it is really cool), I admit I'm a little babied out. Although I still have to say, that one minute when suddenly two new parents are made and the baby takes its first breath and cries, it's pretty amazing. The hour spent stitching up a bizarre third-degree tear...not so amazing.

Tomorrow I'm moving on to Emergency Medicine. Okay, I realize that most people who come into the ED are not actually in an emergency. Most people use it as their primary care on a weekend or if they lack insurance. And that stinks. But I'm still scared for that one in ten that is really sick, really dying, really needing someone with experience, which is the opposite of me. So here's hoping I have really good residents and maybe actually learn something so that the next time someone breaks their ankle on the football field, I won't just stand around like an idiot.

No comments: