Sunday, November 16, 2008

I think I need some ice cream

I couldn't taint the last post by adding non-smiley things, so I'm making a new post.
Just to say that even though five of my friends got married last year, and like 4 this year, and half a dozen new babies, and more engagements...it was being in a room with mostly couples at a party on Friday that made me feel the loneliest. I try not to fall into the "always a bridesmaid" mentality, but less and less of my friends are still single, which is a bummer for two reasons, 1) I'm more aware than ever that I still am, and 2) they're never around to hang out with. I'm filling my head with reassurances that God must have someone incredible out there for me, because His plan is supposed to be so much better than mine, but this sure isn't it. I used to very whole-heartedly say that I was fine being single, and still growing a lot, and wouldn't have time for it anyway. My arguments are getting less convincing. And yet, the thought of being so close to someone is terrifying, so I'm just hoping that somewhere in the midst of my making a mess of things, God can straighten out my head, give me courage and clarity, and place a man in my life that really will bring me more happiness than I could imagine for myself. Here's hoping.

Okay, sorry for the melancholy. Just needed to vent.

1 comment:

M Zap said...

Bre and I just had this conversation yesterday. Don't worry, single doesn't mean alone. Even if the only people keeping you from being alone are other lonely people. (Starts singing Lonely People.) :)