Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sunday musings

I haven't posted in a long time because I was waiting for something "worth writing about" to happen. Well, I have no one event or thought that has inspired a blog-length rant inside my head, but I do want to jot down a few thoughts. Expect this post to be fully random and fulfilling only for me.
*My first parade last night set the standard pretty high. I was one of the handlers for the 60-some-foot-tall Kermit balloon in the Parade of Lights. We got to wear sweet frog hats and had by far the hardest job of anyone in the parade (well, I mean, if you don't count those people throwing fire or playing lots of songs from memory). It was so fun to hear the crowd scream when Kermit "stood up" (after having to go under a traffic light), or when he did a nose dive into a tree and got caught (he was hard to control, okay?). The night was made all the better by the impromptu gathering at Laura B.'s house afterwards--what a great group of people. I love Denver.
*Got to chat with Bre today from Ecuador (well, she was talking from Ecuador; me from my living room). It was so good to hear her voice, and to talk about tons of things, and to get excited about seeing her at graduation in two weeks. Yay for lifelong friends.
*The beginning of Advent...I'm trying to open up my heart so that Jesus can fill it, but I find my heart is distracted by so many things, and that I get more excited waiting for the next "Bones" episode than for the coming of Christ (now, the coming of Christmas is another matter, because it brings the cruise, and that's easy to get excited for). But I decided that this year, I really want to try to focus on preparing my heart and reserving my heart for the coming of Love.
*At the same time, I do love Christmas music. Listening to "Love Has Come" pretty much made my week.
*Saw "August Rush" on Saturday. I really liked it a lot. I think it was a combination of the truly great music, my enjoyment of seeing Keri Russell and Jonathan Rhys Meyers on screen, my love of a happy ending, and again the great music. Sad story though, so many years of longing.
*Brunch with Marian Group today. Yay for cooking together and Christmas music and good food and fellowship.
*Good, good episodes of "House" and "Bones" to finish out the year.

No comments: