Thursday, December 20, 2007

Classic(al)

I am sitting on my couch in my slippers, listening to classical music, which is just wonderful (except for the fact that I should be listening to board review lectures, but I'm not going to let the fact that I should be studying ruin every enjoyable moment from now until April 4th--I set my date today--so hopefully, you won't hear me qualify everything from now on). I love Canon in D. I love that I love it, too, because it makes me feel sophisticated, like riding in on Andrew's shuttle every morning. The classical radio station somehow made college seem more noble and enlightening than it felt at the time, like we were warming up our brains to go conquer the intellectual world. I also laugh at Canon in D because of the YouTube "Pachelbel's Rant" and I did notice that the same 8 quarter notes were played over and over again by the presumably very bored cellists. But it's still beautiful. And I still want to walk down the aisle to it someday.

I saw "The Ultimate Gift" last weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Not going to lie, I thought it would be one of those cheesy, Hallmark movies, but it was surprisingly well-acted, fairly well-written, and very touching. Made me grateful that I wasn't raised by money, that I already have the gifts of friends, hard work, and family, though I wasn't immune from examining my own life either. I recommend it. And now, in other classic film news, I'm off to watch Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on my parents' home theater system.

I'll be writing next after a little jaunt up the Mexican coast. Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments: