Sunday, September 16, 2007

Whatever it takes

Mike Shanahan is my freaking hero. I know it's a dirty trick, but he successfully iced Janikowski in an unbelievable end to what shouldn't have even been a close game. I watched in disbelief as the team I hate the most in all of professional sports won the game in our house and then had it snatched back from them. I had to call Michelle to make sure it was really happening. But it worked. I can't believe he hit the pole on the second try after nailing a 65-yarder in warm-up. And then Elam once again became the hero (although, like last week, it shouldn't have gotten to the point of needing a hero).

Mary got the start today, and I would very much like to rub it in Bruce's face that when he benches my sister, they lose, and when she starts, they win. At least other people took notice also.

"[S]ophomore transfer Mary Zapapas added two shots on goal in her first start as a Bluejay. 'I thought Mary Zapapas put in a good game for us in the midfield,'" (said head coach Bruce Erikson)."

So I'm watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition, only while I eat dinner, and of course, it's emotional. The mom was shot and paralyzed at about T3 (just below armpit level) while in the line of duty as an LAPD officer. Made me realize how many people sacrifice so much without any recognition. I'm happy to have a reminder every now and then.

No comments: