Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hope-less

So sad. So, so sad. Also, slightly mad, but if I get myself into too much of a rant, I will have a hard time studying. Suffice it to say I think Greg Ryan needs a severe talking-to, Hope Solo needs some ice cream, and Shannon Boxx needs a complete do-over and some severe retribution (the ref needs a career change...I'm completely serious. I think she should follow tradition of refs who red card US women and never work again). Sad because it shouldn't have been so one-sided, because games shouldn't be decided by red cards and own goals, because starting keepers should stay that way, because I really like this team, because I'm not getting up at 3 am to watch a third place finish, because I can't bring myself to root for Brazil, even though I don't want Germany to double up on World Cups.

And sad because even a win couldn't have lifted my spirits enough this week with school weighing me down. I'm so far behind.

At least tomorrow brings a fun birthday party. Good thing I have other people to provide my social life.

Also, I promised a post-Omaha update. Here's the skinny: I'm a super proud big sister because Mary rocks my face off and got two starts and two great games, had a great lunch at the boatyard, good times at Theodore and Wallace's, and the joy of watching the US blank England 3-0, lot of good it did them. All in all, good trip, put me WAY too far behind. Back to work.

No comments: