Sunday, March 31, 2013

He is not here

Alleluia! This morning my heart is light and my God is risen. Lent this year brought many opportunities for me to face my humanity and brokenness, and also many opportunities to draw near to the foot of the cross and cling to the feet of my Savior. And many glimpses of grace from a God after my heart. The sun breaking through the clouds, the right song at the right moment, a memory of joy surfacing at an unexpected time, a much needed call from a friend, and of course the more substantial things of finding a job, being affirmed by my supervisors, seeing my family. We are not in easy times as Christians, and especially as Catholics. The world hated Him before us, and if we imitate Him like we should, it will hate us too. Yet as much sadness and despair is in me when I look at our broken world, still death has been conquered and hell is overcome. The empty tomb means everything. I am so grateful.

No comments: