Saturday, May 5, 2012

Al dente

Yesterday I was feeling stressed. Rushed and a little overwhelmed and just down. And it was a gift when I ran into Brandi in the Chiefs' office and she asked how I was. You know how you can tell when people ask and actually want to know? So I said okay, knowing she would know exactly what I meant. She did. And invited me out for what I think was a pre-planned birthday celebration dinner, but she let me crash it anyways. It was exactly what I needed. Garlic cheese bread and Apples to Apples and laughing until tears were streaming down my face. And Jess may have snorted. Three times. I don't think any work people even know about this blog (oh, except the FDMDP--shout out!), so gushing their praises here may fall on deaf ears, but it's safe to say I'm super grateful that my coworkers are one of my biggest supports (when I allow them to be) and sources of joy. Also, that garlic cheese bread, I'm telling you, it's magic.

No comments: