Thursday, March 8, 2012

What a difference a day makes

So that last post...disregard please. That is NOT indicative of the reality of the PICU. Remember that whole "we don't have any beds" thing? Apparently that is not a deterent. I'm pretty sure Tuesday was more typical of a day in the life. Rounding by myself on the whole surgery service, two post-op admits, including one who wound up on ECMO...Good thing they changed the duty hour rules so that that 10 hours between shifts is more of a strong suggestion.

But...BUT!

I had the day off today. Finally. And I slept in, and I made a delicious breakfast with delicious coffee and went to Mass and worked out and sat in my recliner and read a totally non-intellectually-enriching fluff book with a bowl of popcorn. And some chocolate-covered pretzels. And it was glorious. And I'm (almost) ready to go back tomorrow to do it all again.

No comments: