Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sleepy little town

Back from a very restful two and a half days in Telluride. Restful like sleep-11-hours-and-then-come-back-and-take-a-nap-in-the-afternoon restful. But I deserved it, because it's hard hiking around in gorgeous mountain air without any oxygen, dangit! I have said it before, I love mountain towns. I love the locally owned shops and the dogs on the sidewalks and the couple in front of you at church who shows up behind you in line for croissants at breakfast. I love the bike share program at the library that gives you your very own hot pink one-speed with foot brakes and a basket to tool around town for a few days. I love the store owners who stop to share a story or learn where you're from and don't mind that you're just wandering through. I definitely love the Road Rash Red local brew, the huge breakfast burritos, and the fried oreos. And even more, I love enjoying God's creation--the mountains, the streams, the colors, the snow--yeah, the snow. All of it. Wonderful.

a breakfast poem for you

very dog friendly

my very own pink bike

No comments: