Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Musings from the dark side

Kelly has spent this week teaching Nutmeg to come when she says, "Accio!" and to play dead with "Avada Kadavra!" Considering Nutmeg previously did not know how to play dead, but only to roll over and wag her tail, this is quite the accomplishment. And it's freakin' hilarious.

This morning I was in the adoration chapel after Mass, which meant that so were 20 other people. While the STM students were totally distractable, they did redeem themselves by repeatedly giving up their seats in the cushiony kneeler chairs for the other adults that came in. Maybe humanity isn't on its way to ruin after all. (For more encouragement, see Chris Stefanic's article in the DCR on culture/NCYC)

Thanks, David, for posting Tom Duckett's latest video. It let me spend a few minutes listening to songs I really miss and reminiscing about wonderful times: singing up the sun, bawling my eyes out, and screaming "So Good to Me" at the top of my lungs.

After my crazy trip last week landed me in 6 cities in 4 days (including layovers), I am super relieved this week to only be visiting one place, even if it means no slot machines in the airport. Plus, I will actually know someone in this city. Always a plus.

Hey, yay Project 600!!!

Hope that your Advent has been a time of preparation and joyful anticipation. There's still time...

Be blessed, or as the Guayaquilians say, Be Saints!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Heck Yeah Tom Duckett!!!!! New car...ski camp. New car...ski camp with TOM DUCKETT!