Monday, June 1, 2009

Hiding under the bed, figuratively speaking.

So, if you've seen or read "Marley and Me", you know that our canine counterparts can be just as neurotic and crazy as their owners. My roommate's dog, Ruben, is normally a "ferocious" watchdog, barking at anything that moves, and many things that don't. But flash lightening outside the house or let one thunderclap rip within earshot, and he turns into a raging scaredy-cat. Last night, with the lightening surrounding the house, he became my shadow, practically knocking me over as he followed me around, into the kitchen, into my room (both places he's normally not allowed), and then, to my surprise, right into the bathroom, where, feeling sorry for him, I let him keep me company while I brushed my teeth and got ready for bed. Then he was just about to lay himself down in my closet to weather the storm when Laura came out of her room and he found a new person to follow. At least he doesn't eat the dry wall. I, on the other hand, loved the storm, especially the fresh air it gave us this morning. Yay.

No comments: