Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Yes, I'm writing about Susan Boyle, so sue me

I'll admit it, I love this video. It's a perfect song choice, and fantastically performed. And I hope she goes all the way to the Queen. The following is an excerpt from an article written by Fr. James Martin, SJ, associate editor of America magazine--"Susan Boyle and the Love of God."

The way we see Susan Boyle is very nearly the way God sees us: worthwhile, special, talented, unique, beautiful. The world generally looks askance at people like Susan Boyle, if it sees them at all. Without classic good looks, without work, without a spouse, living in a small town, people like Susan Boyle may not seem particularly "important." But God sees the real person, and understands the value of each individual's gifts: rich or poor, young or old, single or married, matron or movie star, lucky or unlucky in life. God knows us. And loves us.

It's beautiful. And true. Watch the video and tell me you don't see "worthwhile, special, talented, unique, beautiful."

For the full article, click.

No comments: