Sunday, June 8, 2008

Good things

I spent yesterday in Evergreen, the way a weekend should be spent. Even driving up I-70, I was in such a good mood--evergreens, blue skies, good music, no agenda. The afternoon was filled with Saturday perfection: paddleboats and picnic on the lake, horse-drawn trolley rides, live music x2, monster burgers and greasy fries, and the ever-present Colorado sun.

Funniest thing I've ever done (in recent memory): we were in the Evergreen Lake welcome/wilderness center and across the lake at the rec center, there was a wedding going on, right on the water. The guy in the shop said we could use the bird-watching binoculars to get a closer look. So the three of us stood there watching a hot-pink-clad maid of honor precede the bride and her dad down the aisle, her parents giving her away, etc. We actually probably got a better view than most of the guests. The shop guy said sometimes the groom and best man come in from the lake in a canoe instead of the bride coming down the aisle. Awesome.

I've settled on a house for next year, with two awesome roommates, which is a huge blessing and relief. Indeed, God does provide. If I can only survive the process of moving, since somehow I have once again accumulated more stuff. Once I decide on a moving day, I promise all helpers free lunch.

Football playoffs today...it's raining...oh well.

No comments: