Friday, May 23, 2008

Brains and Bobas

"From Arapahoe High School, a Creighton University graduate, yes, she is a Bluejay...Ladies and gentleman..." My attending is so weird. That's how he introduced me to present our case at case conference today. He likes to guess the mascots of our patients' schools, but he doesn't phrase it like a question. It goes something like this: "East High School, home of the...Eagles." And then they'll make a face and say, "Noooo." It's hysterical. He took me and the residents out to lunch today, to some local Thai place, where I had the opportunity to try bobas for the first time. Little tapioca balls in the bottom of your drink, made in any variety of flavors (the drink, not the bobas). Basically...disgusting!!! But, I'm glad I tried it. Add it to the list.

One week into neuro, way too much to learn, a few really sick kiddos. But I like it, not as much as I instantly liked psych, but it's growing on me. Check back in three weeks.

No comments: