Monday, March 17, 2008

Why lamaze classes actually are important

Top o' the morning (afternoon) to you! Just had a hilarious story that I heard last night that I had to share with you. So, when my mom was pregnant with Michelle and me, we tried to come out very early, as is common with twins, especially ones as big as we were. We were so rarin' to go that my parents only got one Lamaze class in before she was ordered to bed-rest to try to delay labor as long as possible, so we could continue developing. (Apparently one class isn't enough...) By the time she actually went into labor several weeks later, her muscles had all wasted away from inactivity, including any muscles she would have used in delivery, so when the doctor said, "Push!" she had a nurse on either side, literally pushing on her huge belly to get us out. Well, my dad, this being the first delivery he had seen, didn't think anything of it until four years later, come Mary's time to be born. This time, my mom still had plenty of muscles to use, so she didn't need extra help. However my dad thought that since no nurses were present, when the time came to "Push!" my mom was going to put her own hands on her stomach and "push" Mary out. Thankfully, mom had enough common sense to do it the right way, and Mary came out just fine on her own. Note to all those having twins...start Lamaze classes early just in case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.