Thursday, January 3, 2008

Today's Secret Ingredient...

I've discovered I'm not the only one who can be put in a good mood by eating of sushi. Spur of the moment (for me) trip to Japon for Ann's birthday tonight. Nothing quite like edamame and avocado to put a smile on your face. I think there were 15 of us girls crammed back there in the red room, wielding chopsticks like nobody's business. I think the highlight of the night (besides the amazing cake that Ann--not the birthday girl--made--holy cow was that amazing!) was the quail egg tasting. It started as more of a joke, but I'll take any chance to feel like I'm on Iron Chef America. On 3, pour it on your caterpillar roll and try to stuff it in your mouth without 1) breaking the yolk or 2) letting it roll off the side onto the floor. It's so much fun checking things off my list of things to do before I die, especially things that I never knew were on the list. I'm still not quite ready for caviar. One step at a time.

The other real highlight was just being among so many wonderful Catholic women, a frequent occurrence for me in Denver. When Ann--again, not the birthday girl--gave the toast, I almost cried. Yay for those kinds of friends. The kind that you know you will keep even if they do decide to move to Kansas City. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.