Thursday, August 23, 2007

Best male singer, dead: Dean Martin

So I know I watched Return to Me for like the 17th time (and I'm trying not to exaggerate), but watching it with someone who has never watched it is like watching it for the first time (only I don't get quite as sad as the real first time). I knew Rachelle was going to like it when she said at the beginning, "Is there a lot of dancing in this movie, because that's going to make me sad." It meant we were on the same page...no one to dance with. That's okay, great movie, especially the dancing! (Or is what I feel the real McCoy?) But I decided, amidst the many peals of laughter, that basically I want to marry someone exactly like Bob Rueland (except perhaps a bit younger, because I'd like to get married soon).

Consider the following:
"You look tall." -Dan the Man, about Bob. Tall is always good.
"I'm going to build Sydney's new home, with or without the money." -showing he's hard working, dedicated, and cares about his wife
"I promise we'll take a trip to Italy." -his wife...I SO want to go to Italy
"I'll take a cup of coffee, no straw." -very funny, very, very funny (I'll stick with just one quote on that subject), and also nice to waitresses (you can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat those who serve them)
"I wasn't looking!" -not after women just for looks
"Come on, you can stand on my shoes." -likes to dance, and doesn't care if I don't know how to dance
"We were thinking of going to one of those water-theme parks for the weekend." -Okay, I know I said I was done with funny, but it deserved another mention. Also, doesn't buy in to all that ritzy life-style better-than-everyone-else crap (but remember, still wants to go to Italy)
"This one had your name all over it." thoughtful, observant, and spontaneous (see also, "I got you some hot chocolate. I thought you might be cold."
"I'll have that." any man that likes ravioli specials is good in my book
"I didn't know Bob bowled." "He doesn't." It's better if I can beat him at something
"I'm a dog person." enough said
Plus, to top it off, he put up with all the crazy Catholics in the movie. I'm sure I could come up with more, but I have to study for my test or something.

So, if you or someone you know fits the above criteria, just know that I'm looking. And if you haven't seen this movie, for the love, just see it. Now! And try to enjoy it a few dozen times until you start overanalyzing it like I do.

No comments: