Sunday, June 17, 2012

Moving on...

I've been so busy at work lately that the end of this year has crept up on me. All of a sudden, we have new chief residents, the senior roast, graduation, people packing up their stuff, signing contracts...and new intern orientation starting tomorrow. TOMORROW! I'm not quite ready for this year to be done. Not ready to say goodbye to people who have been by my side for the last two years (although thankfully several of them are going to be hanging around in various capacities; I might die if they were all leaving), not ready to break in a whole new class of baby doctors, not ready to be the third years--the ones everyone else looks to when things go wrong, the ones who should be level-headed and know what to do next, the ones who have to start looking for jobs (eek).  Up until this point, my whole life has been neatly mapped out for me--college, medical school, residency--I didn't have to have a 5-year plan, because I was on an 11-year plan. Well, I've got one year left until I have to be a grown up...better make the most of it!

No comments: