Thursday, May 20, 2010

No stoppin' me now

Well, I have officially completed all requirements of graduation so that the only thing between me and my MD is the passage of the next week. The past few days have been filled with my ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification which involved various simulations, performing CPR, learning drug doses. Important note: if you don't know what to do, the correct answer is 1 mg Epi, Amiodarone, shock 'em, or continue really effective CPR until someone else who knows what they're doing arrives. And that's basically 8 hours worth of class distilled down to essentials. Aren't you glad your doctors went through so much school?

Wish I could wax sentimental on the last four years, but I'm too stinking excited to do any profound reflection. I will say that they were difficult, exhausting, often demoralizing, but also enlightening, challenging (in a good way), and rewarding. And I'm really excited to put it all to good use. Just as soon as we make it through Senior Skits...brought to you by the MSA


*The picture is from nataliedee.com, though it was essentially made for these skits.

No comments: