Saturday, January 25, 2014

The day we got the microwave back

Today was a big day. After almost a week of being sans microwave, Michelle and Dad were able to best the 20 year old beast and our new (last year's) model and swap them out. Not that I'm complaining about the 1990s space age heater biting the dust (it was time) but it's amazing how utterly inconvenient it made life. I had to think ahead about what to make for breakfast--while cereal, waffles, eggs, and bars were all options, all I really wanted was oatmeal--the microwave kind. And I had to boil water on the stove for my French press (#firstworldproblem). And--the most inconvenient--I didn't have a way to warm up my rice bag for my sore hamstrings after my grueling 3 mile run. But have no fear, the microwave is back and better than ever. At least I hope so...I haven't actually tried it yet...

1 comment:

Jim Z said...

:-)
Glad I could help your hammy!