Sunday, September 8, 2013

And tomorrow it's back to work

Pretty sure I did nothing today that could be construed in any way as productive. Sleeping in, breakfast and the paper, post-breakfast nap, family time, delicious lunch, celebrating Dad's birthday, and parking on the couch for about four hours watching football. I didn't even shower. (TMI?)

It's hard to do much when I was so tired from all that bike-riding and beer-drinking and spectating yesterday at the Tour de Fat. Coloradans love their outdoors and craft brews and super hero costumes, and of course anything that combines all three. One of Michelle's friends asked "What's the point of all this?" Clearly, not a native.

This is what I've missed the last three years--the elusive weekend. I hope I never lose my appreciation for it.

No comments: