Sunday, January 6, 2013

Resolution

It feels like everyone's life is moving on without me. Marriage, pregnancy, houses, new jobs. And I'm happy for them, each and every one. It's exciting to be a part of their journeys. It just feels a little lonely to not only have none of those things, but to feel like I don't have anyone to share my own journey with. And yet, I know cognitively (though my heart is a little slow on the uptake) that God has amazing plans for me. Plans for my happiness. Plans for my fulfillment. Maybe my resolution this year will be to believe in His plan. I know that's quite vague. I'm still working on the details. I want to celebrate the little things, not be afraid to reach out, show love first, be a leader, pray, focus on the positive, and accept where I'm at. Because the truth is that this is where God has led me, and that means it's where I'm supposed to be. And who I'm supposed to be. So I guess I should be okay with me.

No comments: