Friday, December 14, 2012

Residency 3.6: PCC

Doesn't feel like I've even worked enough hours in the PCC to be writing a blog about this month. Although our clinic schedules were often full, the show rate was pathetic by any standards, and we more often than not sat around wondering what to do with ourselves. I know I shouldn't complain, but I was hoping to get a little more experience on my last clinic month before graduation. Obviously I have 6 months left of my weekly continuity clinic, but I still feel woefully unprepared to handle ADHD, learning disabilities, most rashes, lactose intolerance, and many other normal pediatric things. I guess that's why we train to be life-long learners.

Nonetheless, there's plenty of things I feel comfortable managing on my own, and I was able to teach our interns and medical students a thing or two. Plus, I got in a few good weeks of boards studying, which is always beneficial.

Other notables this month: Christmas party full of Disney sing-alongs and good food, the fruition of a project I've been working on for a few months, seeing Les Mis live, and me getting a decently bad case of bronchitis which mostly (but not completely) dampened the previous events. Come on, immune system, any time now would be fine. Oh well, at least I'm glad to have friends in high places to call me in some good drugs.

And now I'm in for 12 days of friends and family, no sick kids, and lots of Colorado!!!

No comments: