Sunday, March 27, 2011

I Miss Mayberry

I was out to breakfast last week and randomly saw someone that I knew. It was the third time that's happened in the last several weeks, and it was a good feeling. I had just been talking with a co-worker who was also from out of state that there's something different about being home, seeing neighbors in the grocery store or out and about, something very familiar. I'm not saying that three times makes this feel exactly like home, but it does make me miss those daily trips to King Soopers with my dad a little less. What it took me 26 years to build in Denver isn't going to duplicate here overnight, and I know that. That's what makes these little moments even more special, and reaffirms my feeling that at least for now, this can be home (Mom, don't panic, I said for now, not forever!). If you see me tearing it up in KC, please say hi. I'll be so very glad you did.

No comments: