Sunday, January 30, 2011

Residency 1.7: Red Team

The end of another month. I must admit that I was not so much looking forward to this month. Part of that was the string of 30-hour calls at the beginning of the month which comprised my "Holiday Block"--okay, that was ROUGH. The body was not meant to work every other night overnight, and it took its toll by the end.

That part notwithstanding, this was still one of the busiest months so far. Bronchiolitis season hit in full force, and we were a revolving door of admissions (record belongs to Andie and Brian for 10 admissions and 10 discharges in one day; separate record belongs to me and Christina for admitting and discharging a patient all within 3 hours and 10 minutes).

This month I had many occasions to realize how blessed I am to be a part of this program. Laughing during lunches, happy hours, getting support in tough situations at work, good friends, awesome chiefs--if I've got to be slammed, I'd rather be slammed here. Though I will say, I am SO looking forward to PCC (clinic) next month, and rolling into work about 8:30. Hopefully I can also motivate myself to study for Step 3. Until next time...

No comments: