Sunday, October 10, 2010

Doing it for the kids

We had our Intern Retreat this weekend. It was a nice break, to have some social time and some protected non-work time to learn more about our class and ourselves. Friday night we hit up the Power and Light district (my first time truly down there) for some Pizza Bar/Howl at the Moon action. It was loud and fun and lots of laughing. At the piano bar, we sang along poorly and dramatically, and even got a message up on the mirror (you just had to beat the previous bid to get your statement up there--unfortunately, I left JUST before they put it up, darn!).


Saturday morning was Myers-Briggs time. I've done it enough that it's fun for me to just sit back and enjoy figuring out what other people are. They even made the program directors participate. The Introverts and Extroverts split up to plan an ideal evening, and I was so relieved that there are other people out there who love slippers and RedBox and pizza instead of going out all night. Some of us said we wouldn't mind one or two friends, but Andie said, "I find myself very fascinating." Also, I am slowly moving across the T/F scale towards the Feeling side, which at first I was surprised at, until I compared the ISFJ (what I am now) with the ISTJ (what I used to be) description and discovered I really am more F than T.

Here's me: desire to be of service and to minister to individual needs...the least hedonistic of all types (sweet tooth notwithstanding)...adhering to an established way of doing things...irritation is turned inward and may be experienced as fatigue and muscle tension (Dr. Hoffman said she needs a monkey on her back to give her a massage when she's on service; she's an ISFJ too)...practical and down-to-earth, and embarrassed when people do not behave as they are supposed to...frequently overworked...etc.

Not quite sure about the "displays a flair for making the interior of the home attractive in a time-honored style" HA!

No comments: