Friday, March 19, 2010

Game. Set. MATCHED.


Well, kids, it's official. I'm headed off to Kansas City for my pediatrics residency. It was my top choice, so of course I'm excited, but much more than that, I'm relieved that I finally know, and a little overwhelmed with everything that's in store for me. Like up and moving to a brand new city, on top of becoming a doctor and starting residency. And having to live in Chiefs territory. Yikes.

Match Day yesterday was intense. You can read a little about it and watch a decent video HERE. I'm so glad Michelle and my parents were able to join me. It really did feel like quite the historic occasion.

So, THANK YOU for your prayers to this point, but don't stop now. I need them more than ever as I finish out and embark on this new journey. I will probably be moving in early to mid-June. I'll keep you posted.

Here's the program I will be at if you're curious.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats!

Rae said...

soooo excited to have you here soon! may kc welcome with open arms. and although we don't have mountains, we do have beautiful parks and bike trails, and neat-o people who are kind and really friendly. only downfall - the main passtime around here might be shopping... guess that's what people do when there aren't mountains to climb. can't wait for you to live here!